Thursday, August 20, 2015

The meaning of Life !


Today, 20 August 2015 - Have you ever wake up each morning and wondered why you need to get up and go to school or to work ? And why can't you stay in bed a little longer and longer till you are VERY ready to get up ?

Well…..most people are employees so they will need to get up by a certain time so that they won't be late for work.

However there are a few who are entrepreneurs so their time is their own calling. These are the fortunate few.  However, how much they earn they are answerable to their own.

I have often heard people telling me that it is called : "Own time, Own target"

The first time, I heard it from an agent who is not my client, I laughed. Then when I was home…..I pondered on what this person said to me : Is it really for my case "Own time, Own target" ?

I thought over it for a while and then I found my own answer.

The answer for myself is : "No target, No deadlines" this is because I like to be free. That is free to do anything that I wish for every day.

However, I usually have to work and meet my clients. Then when I am finished, I am free.

SO STILL …"No target, No deadlines"

However even when I set it to be free, there are bills to pay, housing loans and car loans to pay. I have to bear them all. That's fine as I can handle them.

In fact, almost everybody has bills and loans to pay mah…not just me.

Well…….where does all this lead you to ?

Well……I want to find the meaning for life ? the purpose of life ? so that my life can be a bit more meaningful other than helping people with their destiny readings or their office/house fengshui.

Since 1994 when I first step foot into Amitabha Buddhist Centre, I was searching for this - The meaning of life.

And I found it !!!

One day, a Lama (Lama Zopa Rinpoche) was giving a talk at ABC and he said : We should make our life meaningful by having motivation to help others. And in that our own happiness can be found too.

Since then I use that as my motivation every day when I wake up - to serve those who come to me for help. Call it destiny, Call it fate…..that's how they became my clients.

I share this with you hoping that you can also find your own meaning of your life and live the life you want. Most importantly, BE HAPPY.

FSQ Tip : Price of gold has risen recently to US$1138.6 per ounce and still moving up.

2 comments:

Agnes CF Lee said...

Hi Master Yap, do you invest in Gold and forex trading ?

the Charioteer said...

yep. be happy. wish you happy always.